Home Contact Sitemap
 Română  English
 
 
Home / NATIONAL FRAMEWORK / Additional information / News / Rwanda First African Country To Set New Climate Plan Under Paris Agreement
Rwanda First African Country To Set New Climate Plan Under Paris Agreement
21.05.2020  
   
print

 

https://www.modernghana.com/news/1003687/rwanda-first-african-country-to-set-new-climate.html?fbclid=IwAR0n7kN-0-Iy_sZ_rHUcSNxVj7ORqD5PvunsJUCrhzGJAtGGz8wOko8s8iw

 

Despite being one of the poorest countries in the world, and contributing hardly anything to the current climate crisis, Rwanda has become one of the first countries to submit a new national climate plan which will strengthen global efforts to tackle climate change ahead of COP-26.

 

The 'nationally determined contribution, or NDC, will see a 16% reduction in emissions compared to Rwanda's current trajectory by 2030 and a further 22% reduction if the country is helped with technology and finance from richer nations, bringing the total reduction to 38%. The NDC also outlines plans for adaptation across seven sectors to help the country adapt to the changing climate.

Responding to the news, Mohamed Adow, Director of Nairobi-based think tank Power Shift Africa, said:

"It's great to see the first African country stepping forward to submit a new climate plan as part of the Paris Agreement. What makes the Paris Agreement an effective tool for tackling climate change is this very act, the strengthening of climate action every 5 years.

"Africa has done the least to cause the climate crisis and suffers from it the most. But it has a vital role to play in tackling it and other countries should take note of this leadership and follow suit.

"Rwanda is set to host a rescheduled Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting and the leaders of fellow Commonwealth countries such as Boris Johnson, Justin Trudeau, Scott Morrison, and Jacinda Ardern should take heed and ensure their own new climate plans are equally radical."

 

 

 


 
Home   Contact   Sitemap
visits: 1702441
top
B2B and B2C solutions , Branding & Graphic Design Services,Website Design and Development , E-Commerce Systems,Software Application Architecture and Development,Multimedia solutions , 2D/3D modeling & animation solutions,Video & Post Production Made in Trimaran
 
CLIMATE CHANGE – phenomenon background   /   INTERNATIONAL FRAMEWORK   /   NATIONAL FRAMEWORK   /   RESEARCH AND MODELLING   /   DOCUMENTS
Phone. +373 22 232247   /  Fax. +373 22 232247

Address: #156а, Mitropolit Dosoftei St., off. 37, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova